...sO, you sHouLd knOw...

My photo
ampang, seLanGor, Malaysia
I love sweets

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Cranberries

It was 1995(I think) and I was 5 years old. My family and I were in the car heading to Port Dickson and suddenly there's this catchy song that kept repeating
  In your head, in your head, 
Zombie, zombie, zombie,   
in a very strange melodious way on the radio. It didn't took a long time for me to eventually get the tune and sing along(only to that zombie phrase). But it did took me a long, long time to know who sang the song, The cranberries. Yup, cranberries as in the fruit cranberries(I suppose?).

I'm not interested talking about the band much
See, not that interesting right? Well maybe the lady's hair..
 I'm more interested talking about memories and feelings that the songs they sung has given me. Not that I've heard hundreds of their songs I've only heard two but yet those songs managed to penetrate through my unknown feelings and relive happy old memories. the songs I'm talking about are  Zombie(of course) and Linger. 

According to Wikipedia the song Zombie was produced and aired in 1994. I don't know what the song meant and I still don't but from the lyrics:
With their tanks and their bombs, 
And their bombs and their guns  
I assume it's about violence that was happening around that time. However I magnificently(ignorantly) relate that song with happy memories. Every time I hear it my mind would travel back to 1995, me in the car gleefully singing excited to hit the beach. Although the memories comes in glimpses but I still could hear what I heard and feel what I felt.

Linger is song produced in 1993 a year before Zombie ironically I only knew about its' existence like 10 years after zombie. My God! I don't remember exactly how I(my ear) stumble into it but I remember it was around that time, after 10 years. Why this song attracts me? It's because of it's repetitive(again) word in the chorus:
Do you have to let it linger? Do you have to, do you have to,
Do you have to let it linger? 
I was 15 and it was not the melodious tune but instead the meaning of the song itself. okay I'm lying not the whole song but a line form the song:
You know I'm such a fool for you.
Yeah, that! being 15 means that I am a teenager and being a teenager means puppy love. That line just relates to what I was going through at that time. I was a fool for someone although still am but for a different person and with a stronger grip on what's reality and what's fantasy. I think?




Named after these.

 Really?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets get an A shall we?~

lets, write and write and write until it all make sense
*scribble,scribble,scribble*