...sO, you sHouLd knOw...

My photo
ampang, seLanGor, Malaysia
I love sweets

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Favorite Fictional Character

Samantha Jones. She is undeniably my favorite fictional character. She is vicious, headstrong, confident, honest, proud and unafraid of confrontation. She would die for her friends and she is loyal to them. She survived the big C, she made no fuss about it and most importantly she does not depend on men to be successful and happy. She leads a life that all women dream of or at least I dream off. Somehow I felt that I can relate to her character or maybe I just want to be related to her because to me Samantha Jones is the women role model of the 20TH century. 


She works as a public relations officer, she is fashionably gorgeous and super vicious. Samantha Jones is a character form a television drama, Sex And The City which was adapted from a novel with the same title and then made into two movies. Samantha is one of the four main character of the series and also the oldest and and the most successful. Why is she my favorite character? Easy, it is because she inspires me. Other then the characteristics that I've mention above Samantha is also independent, she sticks to her words, she is true to herself, she fights for her rights, she fights for her friends right and she does not let men take her for granted. 


Samantha never let failure to pull her down. Her courage and calmness facing them has thought me to accept and overcome my own failures. When Samantha turned down a dinner date from a guy whom she was crazy for because she already has plans with her girlfriends it  really made me see what friendship and her friends meant to her. Because if you know Samantha, you would also know how much she loves men! Throughout the six series and two movies Samantha had never actually taken offence of her friends rude remark of her. Samantha would shake it all off and not make it a big issue. Unlike her other three friends, they would prolong an argument and keep arguing until they think they would loose the friendship. Very immature and very unlike Samantha. 


I couldn't help to wonder if  I can actually be like Samantha Jones? Well I may not have the blonde hair but I think I can cause Samantha isn't a super hero with super extraordinary powers but she is a hero with extra ordinary traits which can be learned if not given naturally. 



 Carrie: Damn! Why is that girl still bothering me?
Samantha: Honey, you have to let it go. If I worried about what every ***** in New York was saying about me, I'd never leave the house.


Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/samantha-jones/#ixzz1qM3Uk1zZ











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets get an A shall we?~

lets, write and write and write until it all make sense
*scribble,scribble,scribble*